There have been lots of improvements and advances in dental technology in recent years. This is great news because it means we can pass the benefits along to you by providing up-to-date treatments that are faster and more comfortable than ever before. Dental lasers are one type of new technology that completely changes the way we treat common dental problems like tooth decay and gum disease.
We know that sometimes people put off going to the dentist, but that’s not good for your dental health. Our goal is to make it easy for you to feel relaxed when you’re with us so that you will feel good about keeping to a routine of regular dental care. One of the ways Dr. Williamson makes sure you are at ease is by staying up-to-date with new technology like laser dentistry.
What Makes Laser Dentistry Different?
There are many benefits to using lasers to perform common dental treatments:
- Treatment is very comfortable and usually requires no numbing.
- Lasers are quiet, so you don’t have to listen to any drilling sounds.
- Dental lasers are safe and can be used on both children and adults.
- There is less irritation of sensitive gum tissue.
- Treatment times are shorter so you don’t have to spend a lot of time in the dental chair.
- Gentle lasers are perfect for patients who get nervous about going to the dentist.
What Treatments are Available with Dental Lasers?
We use laser dentistry to:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease): It is important to treat gum disease quickly, because the health of your gums is closely connected to the health of your body. But we know that some patients worry about having this treatment because they think it may be uncomfortable. There is no reason to worry with gentle laser dentistry because treatment for gum disease can be done painlessly. Lasers also have the benefit of removing infected gum tissue without hurting healthy tissue.
- Remove cavities and prepare teeth for fillings: By using a laser, Dr. Williamson can be very precise when preparing your tooth for filling. This means that we can help keep your teeth strong because we can remove decay without removing any of the healthy part of your tooth.
The team at our Corpus Christi, TX dental office is specially trained to use lasers, so you can be sure that your treatment is being done by trained and experienced professionals who have your safety and comfort in mind. We also know that you’re busy, and laser dental treatments can get you out of the dental chair and on your way quickly.
If you would like to learn more about the ways laser dental treatment can help you, please contact our office. Our friendly staff will be happy to make an appointment so we can tell you more about this exciting new technology.